(Adds labor union reaction) By Marcel Michelson PARIS, April 26 (Reuters) - French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen on Thursday reported first-quarter sales up 6.5 percent at 14.87 billion euros ($20.28 billion) and said it was seeking 4,800 voluntary job cuts in France to reduce costs. The sales figure from Europe's second-biggest car group was above the 14.24 billion euro average forecast in a Reuters poll of nine analysts. It said its market share in Europe was 14.3 percent against ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Peugeot seeks 4,800 job cuts as 1st-qtr sales rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.