(Adds planned announcement at 1500 GMT) TOKYO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. plans to build a sport utility vehicle plant in the U.S. state of Mississippi for around 100 billion yen ($830 million), a newspaper reported on Tuesday, the latest sign of its pressing need for capacity to keep up with booming demand. The plant, to come on line in 2009, will build the Highlander model and is set to have an annual production capacity of 150,000 units, the Nikkei business daily paper ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Toyota to build SUV plant in Mississippi -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.