* Plant to close by March 31, follows GM decision * More than 4,500 jobs at stake in production wind down * Production to shift to Texas, Canada, Japan (Recasts with Toyota confirmation, comments) By David Bailey and John Crawley WASHINGTON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will end production at a California plant it has shared with General Motors [GM.UL] for 25 years, prompting regret and criticism from labor and politicians facing more job losses in an industry and a state ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Toyota to end California plant production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.