(Adds details on plans for ratification votes, health-care trust, background and additional byline) By Nick Carey and David Bailey DETROIT, Sept 26 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers union and General Motors Corp reached a tentative contract on Wednesday to end a national strike by 73,000 workers with a deal that includes a groundbreaking health-care trust fund. Union President Ron Gettelfinger, speaking at a news conference at the union's Detroit headquarters, said production at GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-UAW, GM settle strike, deal has health care trust" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.