(Adds negotiations resuming, 2nd paragraph, edits) By Karen Padley and Tom Brown CHICAGO/DETROIT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Thousands of unionized workers protesting a new wage and benefit contract at American Axle & Manufacturing went on strike at six U.S. plants on Thursday, crippling operations at the auto parts supplier. Contract talks between American Axle and the United Auto Workers union resumed at about 2 p.m. EST, however, after breaking off when the work stoppage began after a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-UAW strike slams brakes on American Axle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.