(Adds strike and market details, Gettelfinger quote, new byline) By Kevin Krolicki and Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - United Auto Workers union-represented employees walked off the job and organized pickets outside General Motors Corp plants as the union called a national strike against the top U.S. automaker after marathon contract talks failed to produce a deal. The strike marked an unexpected twist after the negotiations seemed to have brought the two sides close to an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-UAW strikes GM as talks fail to produce a deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.