(Raises paragraph on donor support higher) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, Oct 22 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Wednesday blocked a bill aimed at limiting class action lawsuits, dashing the hopes of President George W. Bush and other Republicans for curbs on what they call runaway litigation against business. The action on a procedural vote handed victory to lawyers and consumer groups over corporate interests who have sought the legislation for years -- and may have to wait until at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-U.S. Senate halts class action bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642