(Adds share price milestone) By Niklas Pollard and Johannes Hellstrom STOCKHOLM, July 25 (Reuters) - World number-two truckmaker Volvo AB posted an unexpected fall in second-quarter profit and forecast more weakness in its U.S. market, sparking its biggest one-day share slump in more than nine years. Its pretax profit fell to 5.97 billion crowns ($898 million) from 6.46 billion a year ago. That compared with a mean forecast of 6.62 billion in a Reuters poll of 14 analysts. "I think ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Volvo shares post worst drop in 9 yrs on Q2 woes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.