(Adds S&P downgrade, trade resumption, Tokyo analyst comment) By Alexander Huebner and Chang-Ran Kim STUTTGART/TOKYO, April 23 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG said it would pull out of Mitsubishi Motors , leaving the German-American company's bid to become a global car maker in disarray and putting the Japanese firm's future in doubt. DaimlerChrysler said late on Thursday it would not participate in a 700 billion yen ($6.39 billion) rescue package for Mitsubishi Motors because it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 6-DaimlerChrysler to quit Japan's Mitsubishi Motors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.