(Adds more analyst comment, stock price, edits throughout) By Madeline Chambers and Justin Hyde FRANKFURT/DETROIT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday tapped the head of Japanese affiliate Mazda Motor Corp. to return its European operations to profit after a surprising loss threatened Ford's turnaround plans. Lewis Booth, a 25-year Ford veteran, will replace Martin Leach, who unexpectedly resigned 10 days ago as the president and chief operating officer of Ford of Europe. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 6-Ford taps Mazda boss for struggling Europe unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.