(Adds detail on July sales, GM history; updates share price) By Kevin Krolicki and David Bailey DETROIT, Aug 1 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp reported a $15.5 billion quarterly loss on Friday as North American sales dropped by 20 percent and resale prices for SUVs coming off lease plunged. GM shares fell as much as 11 percent in reaction to the automaker's announcement of the much bigger-than-expected quarterly loss, the third-largest in its 100-year history. The No. 1 U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 6-GM posts $15.5 billion loss as sales sputter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642