* New fuel economy standard will be 54.5 mpg -source * Aim is to improve standards for 2017-2025 model years * Ford says still "ironing out" some details (Adds White House; sources on foreign automakers reluctance, background) By Ayesha Rascoe and Deepa Seetharaman WASHINGTON/DETROIT, July 27 (Reuters) - The Obama administration has reached a compromise with automakers on a new fuel economy target for cars and trucks, ending months of negotiations on this pivotal mandate for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 6-Obama to announce new fuel economy standards Friday" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.