(Releads with Angloplat strike) By Mboniso Sigonyela JOHANNESBURG, Sept 30 (Reuters) - South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers has called a strike against world number one platinum producer Angloplat after wage talks collapsed, a union official said on Thursday. This comes hours after production at the second largest platinum producer, Impala Platinum , ground to a halt as workers downed tools over wages. "Talks broke down. The strike will start tonight with the 10 p.m. (2000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 6-S.Africa's Implats, Angloplat hit by strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.