(Adds conference call in paras 12-13, updates share price) By Niklas Pollard STOCKHOLM, April 25 (Reuters) - World number two truck maker Volvo AB posted a surprise 19 percent jump in quarterly pretax earnings on Tuesday as customers stocked up with new vehicles ahead of tougher U.S. and European Union engine emission rules. The news sent shares in the Sweden-based firm up sharply and lifted sector peers across Europe. Volvo's first-quarter pretax profit rose to 5.47 billion crowns ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 6-Volvo Q1 shines on strong demand, shares rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.