(Adds details, background, closing New York stock price) By Mark Thompson and Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, April 29 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's supervisory board backed Chief Executive Juergen Schrempp and his battered plans to build a global automotive empire on Thursday, closing ranks after a strategic U-turn in Asia last week. The board threw its weight behind Schrempp and his strategy in a statement issued after a shorter-than-expected meeting in New York called to discuss the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 7-Daimler backs Schrempp; rising star takes a fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642