(Updates with confirmation, comments from Mississippi officials, analyst; changes dateline, adds byline) By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said on Tuesday it would build a $1.3 billion assembly plant near Tupelo, Mississippi, the latest step by the fast-growing automaker to keep pace with American demand for its vehicles. Toyota said the new plant, which will employ 2,000 workers, would build its next-generation Highlander sport utility vehicle. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 7-Toyota to build $1.3 bln plant in Mississippi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.