* Hedge funds claimed "short squeeze" on Volkswagen shares * Porsche won dismissal of lawsuit by a trial judge in 2010 * Appeal focuses on U.S. high court ruling on foreign conduct By Grant McCool NEW YORK, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Federal appeals judges on Friday honed in on whether a U.S. Supreme Court ruling limiting securities fraud lawsuits barred a $2 billion case by hedge funds accusing German automaker Porsche SE of fraudulently cornering the market in Volkswagen AG shares in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US appeals panel assesses Porsche-VW short squeeze" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.