WASHINGTON, March 23 (Reuters) - Senate staff are preparing a bill to reform the asbestos litigation system, and plan to bring it to the floor on April 19, an aide to Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist said on Tuesday. Supporters of the proposal hope the pressure of a deadline will prompt long-time doubters, including organized labor, to work toward agreement on outstanding issues, the aide said. "We're going to the floor on April 19," the aide said, speaking on condition that he not be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. asbestos bill to Senate April 19--Frist aide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.