By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, Aug 31 (Reuters) - U.S. automakers surrendered more market share in August as sales incentives and gains by Asian automakers kept overall sales steady, analysts said on Thursday, a day before car makers release monthly U.S. sales results. The results will provide a gauge of the pressures facing the Detroit-based car makers and an indication of the strength of U.S. consumer demand in the face of higher interest rates and a slowing housing market. Overall U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Aug. auto sales seen steady, gains for Toyota" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.