By Steve Holland WARREN, Ohio, June 27 (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain said on Friday he would oppose a government bailout of the ailing auto industry and voiced strong support for free trade in the hard-hit state of Ohio. The Arizona senator toured General Motors' Lordstown auto plant and watched as high-mileage Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac G5 economy cars rolled down the assembly line, cars that are suddenly popular at a time of record-high gasoline prices. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"At US auto plant, McCain says opposes Big 3 bailout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.