By Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Not even a nationwide banking crisis has stopped some of the largest U.S. lenders from offering big yields to attract depositors. Banks including GMAC LLC's [CBS.UL] GMAC Bank, Wachovia Corp and Washington Mutual Inc are offering yields above 4 percent on certificates of deposit maturing within a year. WaMu, the embattled savings and loan, offers one of the highest yields around -- 5 percent on a 12-month CD. Lenders view deposits as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. banks offer high yields on short-term CDs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.