(Updates to late afternoon, changes byline) By Chelsea Emery NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - A slew of unexpectedly strong economic data gave a boost to the broad market on Thursday as investors hoped for a better outlook for corporate profits, but technology stocks lagged the gains after a dramatic snapback on Wednesday. A triple dose of economic data took the edge off fears over the pace of the economic recovery. Orders for durable goods dipped in August, but the drop was smaller than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. blue chips gain on economic data; techs lag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.