(Updates to unofficial close) NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Blue chips surged on Thursday after a slew of surprisingly positive data bolstered hopes the economy is stabilizing, but technology stocks ended barely changed following Wednesday's dramatic snapback. A triple dose of economic data took the edge off fears about the pace of the economic recovery. Orders for durable goods dipped in August, but the drop was smaller than expected. New jobless claims fell for the second straight ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. blue chips rally on data, GM; techs lose ground" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.