By Neil Shah NEW YORK, Feb 23 (Reuters) - GMAC's credit spreads were seen on Friday as unlikely to widen further on subprime mortgage worries, which may mean now is a good time to sell insurance on the finance firm's debt. The cost of insuring bonds issued by GMAC, the former finance arm of General Motors Corp. , jumped this week on concerns about the subprime mortgage sector, where Residential Capital Corp., GMAC's mortgage finance holding company, operates. "I think we're close to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US CREDIT-GMAC spread widening may be opportunity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.