NEW YORK, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Rising steel prices are battering Maytag Corp. and Whirlpool Corp. , and the pain may increase, traders said. Both companies' shares and credit were hit after Sweden's Electrolux , the maker of Frigidaire refrigerators, said on Thursday that soaring steel prices would cut into second half profits to the tune of $68 million. Prices for the type of steel used by appliance makers have risen by more than 150 percent over the last year, according to American ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US CREDIT - Steel prices hit Maytag, Whirlpool" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642