By Dan Burns NEW YORK, Sept 23 (Reuters) - A series of companies lowering the bar on their profit outlooks in the past week underscores the fragilily of the nascent recovery in U.S. corporate fortunes. Dour news about earnings from such a wide variety of companies as chemicals maker DuPont Co. , grocer Kroger Co. , ball-bearing maker Timken Co. and media company New York Times Co. has helped sour optimism that a sustainable rebound is afoot. DuPont, for instance, said last week it had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. earnings warnings show tepid tone of recovery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.