By Tom Doggett WASHINGTON, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Democratic Rep. Edward Markey wants the Bush administration to investigate rising gasoline prices, which this week hit a record high. The Massachusetts congressman said he asked the Energy Department Friday "for an immediate investigation into the incredibly steep increase" in pump prices that occurred before the Labor Day weekend. Markey, who is a senior member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, sent a formal letter on Friday to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US Energy Dept asked to probe gasoline price rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.