* Highway safety agency opens audit of safety claims * Regulators to review GM, Ford, Chrysler records * Review prompted by petition to halt certain sales WASHINGTON, Nov 22 (Reuters) - U.S. auto safety regulators want to know whether rental car agencies are making necessary repairs on rental fleets totaling nearly 3 million vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said on its website on Monday it would review records from General Motors Co , Chrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US examining auto rental fleet safety" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.