WASHINGTON, Aug 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Department will award $300 million to a clean cities program to allow communities to buy alternative fuel vehicles, Vice President Joe Biden and Energy Secretary Steven Chu said on Wednesday. The grants are part of the U.S. government's economic stimulus package. (Reporting by Ayesha Rascoe)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. gives $300 mln for alternative fuel vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.