NEW YORK, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Gold and silver futures advanced in early Tuesday trade in New York after surprising gains in the U.S. producer price index and declines in the dollar inspired bulls to jump back in the market following two days of steep losses, traders said. "The story is gold's firm on the dollar. We're ignoring crude and everything else. But the dollar's down and the euro's up big. We rallied up, because the dollar slid and because of the jump in inflation," said one gold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US gold, silver firm on jump in US PPI, dollar fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.