WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court granted on Monday a Ford Motor Co. appeal and set aside a ruling that upheld a record $290 million punitive damages award against the automaker over a deadly 1993 California rollover accident with a Ford Bronco. Ford had called it the largest personal injury award that had been affirmed on appeal in U.S. history. The justices sent the case back to a California court for further consideration in view of the high court's ruling last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US high court sets aside record award against Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.