WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Workers' and retirees' wages and pension benefits would be protected in corporate bankruptcies under a bill to be introduced on Tuesday by Democratic U.S. lawmakers with support from labor unions. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, a Michigan Democrat, said he will offer the bill to "make it more difficult for the companies to use bankruptcy as a way to gut workers' wages and benefits," according to a statement. Conyers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US House bill would shield workers in bankruptcies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.