WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters) - The top Democrat and Republican on the U.S. House Financial Services Committee on Monday introduced a bill that would ban Wal-Mart and other commercial companies from owning a type of bank known as an industrial loan company (ILC). The bill was co-sponsored by Barney Frank of Massachusetts, a Democrat who is chairman of the panel, and Paul Gillmor of Ohio, the ranking Republican.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US House lawmakers offer bill to ban Wal-Mart bank" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.