NEW YORK, June 26 (Reuters) - A New Jersey importer of Chinese-made automobile tires has asked the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for help in recalling about 450,000 of the light truck tires because they lack an important safety feature, lawyers said. The tires, made by Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co., have an insufficient or missing gum strip, a safety feature that helps prevent the tires from separating, the lawyers and a consumers' group said in a statement. The group, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US importer seeks govt. help in tire recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642