WASHINGTON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - The government has opened an investigation of complaints that side air bags on some Ford Motor Co. Lincoln Town Cars deploy inadvertently. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said it had received 138 complaints that air bags on 2001-2003 Town Cars deployed while the car was moving or after the vehicle ran over a pothole, gravel or debris. Inspections by dealerships or Ford found either minor undercarriage damage or no evidence of impact.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US investigates side air bags on Ford Town Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.