By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, Sept 27 (Reuters) - A U.S. Senate proposal to help distressed airlines by giving them at least 14 years to repair underfunded pensions is "irresponsible," a key House of Representatives lawmaker said on Tuesday. Rep. John Boehner, the author of pension reform legislation in the House, said he was sympathetic to the plight of troubled air carriers, and would consider proposals to help them as part of an eventual compromise with the Senate. But the airline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US lawmaker criticizes Senate airline aid plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.