WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters) - The Republican chairman of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee and its top Democrat will block any attempt to add language boosting U.S. ethanol production to a massive federal highway spending bill, congressional aides said on Thursday. Some lawmakers want to carve up an energy bill stalled in the Senate and attach a provision that calls for doubling use of ethanol to separate legislation on highway funding likely to be approved by Congress. Ethanol, made ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US lawmakers to block ethanol boost in highway bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.