DETROIT, April 28 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said on Thursday that the government will likely lose money from the investments it made in bailing out the auto industry. Speaking to the Detroit Economic Club, Geithner said the government will do everything it can to maximize returns from bailout investments. He also said the United States will push China to reduce subsidies and other protectionist measures that it maintains in order to give its exporters a leg up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US to lose money on gov't auto bailout-Geithner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.