WASHINGTON, April 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. government will likely recover only a small portion of the $4 billion it loaned Chrysler LLC in December because of its mainly junior creditor status in bankruptcy, an Obama administration official said on Thursday. "Among the stakeholders that will make sacrifices is the U.S. government," said the official after Chrysler filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York. "Unfortunately, those loans were made to an overleveraged capital ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US may recover little of $4 bln Chrysler loan-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.