By Doug Palmer WASHINGTON, Feb 22 (Reuters) - A top U.S. trade official on Thursday quashed business community hopes for the United States to begin talks on a free trade agreement with Japan after it finishes negotiations on a proposed pact with South Korea. "We're not ready for an FTA (free trade agreement) with Japan right now," Assistant U.S. Trade Representative Wendy Cutler said during a discussion at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington. "I'm not saying it's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. not ready for Japan free trade talks - USTR" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.