WASHINGTON, March 19 (Reuters) - U.S. auto regulators have opened a preliminary investigation of the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser after complaints of engine compartment fires, the government said on Friday. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported it had received seven reports of fires in vehicles that erupted without warning. Drivers in two of the fires suffered smoke inhalation and one was burned. Six of the seven vehicles were destroyed in the fires. The agency, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US probes reports of 2002 PT Cruiser engine fires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642