WASHINGTON, June 26 (Reuters) - A New Jersey importer is responsible for recalling up to 450,000 Chinese-made light truck tires the company says may be defective, the top U.S. auto safety regulator said late on Tuesday. Nicole Nason, the administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, told Reuters in an interview that Foreign Tire Sales Inc. of New Jersey cannot legally claim a recall would be too expensive. "We sent them a letter tonight saying that's unacceptable," ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US says importer of Chinese tires must do recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.