WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter said on Thursday he will meet next Tuesday with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and other Republicans to try to resolve differences over his draft bill for a $140 billion asbestos compensation fund. Specter told reporters he would like for his committee to vote on the asbestos bill as soon as next week, but "that all remains to be seen." He also said he did not know whether he had the votes for it to pass in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US Sen. Specter to meet key Republicans on asbestos" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642