* Administration also wants truck efficiency standards * Auto industry supports federal effort WASHINGTON, May 20 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will announce on Friday a government push to boost auto fuel efficiency standards for model-year 2017 vehicles and beyond, government and industry officials said. The effort, to be unveiled at the White House, also will include an order for environmental and transportation regulators to create the first-ever efficiency targets for medium ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US sets sights on auto fuel efficiency for 2017" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.