NEW YORK, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer on Monday called for legislation that would prohibit the rental of cars that had been recalled for safety reasons. Schumer said car rental customers would be endangered if rental agencies were granted a request to decide whether a safety recall warranted taking a vehicle out of service. The American Car Rental Association (ACRA), which represents nearly 100 agencies, in April proposed a system that would allow agencies to decide the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US should ban rentals of recalled cars -Schumer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.