(Updates to midmorning) By Jennifer Coogan NEW YORK, Aug 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Thursday amid news about several acquisition deals and a decline in oil prices. The blue-chip Dow gained from Johnson & Johnson's announcement that it expects a decision in October on whether the U.S. Federal Trade Commission will approve its planned acquisition of Guidant Corp. . [ID:nWEN8017] Johnson & Johnson shares rose 0.7 percent to $62.68 on the New York Stock Exchange. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. stocks advance on merger news, drop in oil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.