(Updates to reflect Nasdaq down 2 percent) By Vivian Chu NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks sank on Thursday afternoon, led lower by technology stocks, after a surprising jump in a key inflation gauge sparked fears the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates sooner than expected. Concerns over higher rates overshadowed several strong earnings reports. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 85.93 points, or 0.83 percent, to 10,256.67. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gave ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. stocks drop on rate hike worries" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.