(Adds KB Home results, Sallie Mae shares rising, updates other prices) By Ellis Mnyandu NEW YORK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stock futures rose on Thursday as investors bet that data on new home sales would strengthen the case for further interest rate cuts to ease the toll of the housing slump on the economy. Bear Stearns Cos tops the list of stocks to watch, with its shares up more than 3 percent in Europe following a report in The New York Times that the investment bank is in talks to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Futures up as data seen spurring rate cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.