(Adds Red Hat in paragraph 11, adds Goldman cutting Sprint, background on financials and technology stocks, updates prices) By Ellis Mnyandu NEW YORK, Sept 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stock futures rose on Wednesday as news of a tentative deal ending a strike at General Motors Corp raised hopes that Detroit's automakers would soon slash their health-care costs. Shares of GM, a Dow component, rose 8.4 percent to $37.30 before the opening bell, while shares of Ford Motor Co gained 4.4 percent to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Futures higher on GM deal, rate cut hopes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.