(Updates to add AEP earnings, updates prices) By Jennifer Coogan NEW YORK, July 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures surged Tuesday after General Motors Corp. further bolstered confidence about corporate earnings, but a key inflation indicator may determine the market's direction. GM shares jumped 5.8 percent before the opening bell after the blue-chip automaker swung to a profit in the second quarter and handily topped Wall Street's expectations. [ID:nN30442082] Stocks staged a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"US STOCKS-Futures surge on earnings view; GM rises" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.